- The installation site must be well ventilated
DCEC diesel generator generator end should have enough air inlet, diesel generator end should have good air outlet. The area of the air outlet should be more than 1.5 times the area of the water tank.
- The area around the installation site should be kept clean.
Avoid placing nearby items that will produce corrosive gases and vapors such as acids and alkalis. (EMAC is the agent of DCEC, it is recommended to be equipped with fire extinguishing device if possible)
- If used indoors, the smoke exhaust duct must be connected to the outdoors.
The pipe diameter must be greater than or equal to the diameter of the exhaust pipe of the muffler. The elbow of the pipe connected should not exceed 3 to ensure smooth smoke exhaust. The pipe should be tilted down by 5-10 degrees to avoid rainwater injection; If the air pipe is installed vertically upwards, a rain cover must be installed.
- Concrete foundation
During installation, the levelness of the unit must be measured with a level meter so that the unit is fixed on a level foundation. There should be special anti-vibration pads or foot bolts between the unit and the foundation.
- The casing of the unit must have a reliable protective grounding.
For generators that require direct grounding of neutral points, neutral point grounding must be carried out by professionals and equipped with lightning protection devices, and neutral point direct grounding with market power grounding devices is strictly prohibited.
- The two-way switch between the generator and the mains must be very reliable to prevent reverse power transmission.
The wiring reliability of the two-way switch needs to be inspected and approved by the local power supply department.
- The wiring of the starting battery must be firm.
Installation of DCEC Diesel Engine Fan Drive Device
Before installing the DCEC diesel engine fan drive unit, the residue of the old gasket on the front face of the engine should be removed.
- Place the gasket on the connecting plate, align all the holes on the gasket with the holes on the connecting plate.
- Place the connecting plate on the front end of the engine.
- Install the marked screws on the correct positions around the connecting plate and screw them into the engine.
Note: A Rockford-style fan drive unit with a transmission ratio of 1:1 requires two special screws, which are shipped together with the fan drive unit accessories, and a Rockford-style fan drive unit with a transmission ratio of 0.84:1. Three special screws are required to ship with the fan drive unit at the same time.
- Tighten all screws to the torque specifications recommended by EMAC.
- Install two 3/8-4X16 positioning guide screws on the connecting plate.
- Install the gasket of the DCEC fan drive unit case on the two positioning screws, align the gasket hole with the hole on the connecting plate.
- Install the DCEC fan drive assembly on the engine, use the positioning screw as a guide, then push it to contact the gasket, and rotate the fan hub to make the installed drive gear mesh with the engine drive gear.
Note: In order to install the 0.84:1 fan drive assembly on the connecting plate, the plane with the nameplate must be at the bottom. Lift the fan drive on one side so that the drive gear enters the connecting plate and the drive gear enters the connection. After the board is installed, push the fan drive unit toward the engine and rotate the fan drive unit assembly 180 degrees until the plane where the nameplate is installed is at the top, and then push the fan drive unit further in so that it is close to the connecting plate, and then fasten it. Screw.
- Install 6 hexagonal screws marked with “D” and tighten them to a torque of 41 N·m.
- Place the fan blades together with the spacer ring (if needed) on the fan hub.
- Fix the fan blades to the hub with 6 hex screws and tighten them.
Note: The fan mounting screws must not protrude from the fan hub to avoid touching the front cover.
Note: If you want to know more about DCEC engine information, please visit our website https://www.dcec-engine.com/